1. Threat Management
- Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes.
- Given a scenario, analyse the results of a network reconnaissance.
- Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure.
- Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment.
2. Vulnerability Management
- Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process.
- Given a scenario, analyse the output resulting from a vulnerability scan.
- Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets
3. Cyber Incident Response
- Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behaviour to determine the impact of an incident
- Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during an investigation.
- Explain the importance of communication during the incident response process.
- Given a scenario, analyse common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response.
- Summarise the incident recovery and post-incident response process.
4. Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures.
- Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management.
- Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls.
- Given a scenario, use application security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Compare and contrast the general purpose and reasons for using various cybersecurity tools and technologies.